Analysing popularity of celebrities on OnlyFans 2022
Have you ever wondered how big a celebrity is on OnlyFans and what it does to its search volume in Google once he/she starts a page? That is exactly what we analysed in this blog post.
Our research started with a main hypothesis;
Once a celebrity starts an OnlyFans, OnlyFans related search queries explode
Contents of this research blog
- How to find celebrities with an OnlyFans?
- What search query is most relevant for our analysis?
- Which tool tracks historic search volume for our targeted search queries?
- The bar chart race of our top 7 most popular celebrities on OnlyFans
- What external triggers (news articles) cause hype?
- Conclusion of celebrity popularity on OnlyFans
1. How to find celebrities with an OnlyFans
To find celebrities with an OnlyFans we decided to use Wikidata.
Wikidata is a collaboratively edited multilingual knowledge graph hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation
We can use wikidata to query and find people, so for our query we wanted wikidata to return entities(people) that have both an OnlyFans ID AND an occupation like: singer, actor etc.
This returned a list of records that meets these two demands to continue our research.
2. What search query is most relevant for our analysis?
This was not too hard to guess, we were assuming that the most topical relevant search for an OnlyFans profile would be "NAME OF CELEBRITY" + "ONLYFANS". You can cross reference that with a tool like ahrefs.com to check search volume for the related queries.
3. Which tool tracks historic search volume for our targeted search queries?
So there are multiple tools that track search volume, also tools that track historic search volume ranging back to 12 months. This unfortunately was not enough for our analysis, because the OnlyFans platform started in November 2016. Therefor we needed a tool that tracks our focus keywords and has the ability to show us historic search volume beyond 1 year.
Ahrefs was the tool only tool to do this. We picked 7 of the most famous stars for our analysis:
4. The bar chart race of our top 7 most popular celebrities on OnlyFans
5. What external triggers (news articles) cause hype?
Obviously huge celebrities that start an OnlyFans page, that in itself is already a cause for huge hype, but there are important news factors that amplify growth.
For example the news about Bella Thorne earning a whopping $1 million in her first 24hrs on the platform.1 She promoted her plans to launch on her Instagram, that video got over 6 million views:
6. Conclusion of celebrity popularity on OnlyFans
OnlyFans related queries do start to explode right after they start an OnlyFans. The news in itself is already a big thing, everybody knows that OnlyFans is used a lot to show adult content. Celebrity porn is an immense popular category so it's no surprise that people start researching OnlyFans on Google.
Bella Thorne is the influencer that currently has the most cumulative search volume for her OnlyFans. Though Belle Delphine is gaining on her quickly, me might have to do an extended bar chart race and update this post at the end of the year to see if Belle has surpassed Bella.
Obviously search volume is an important indicator of popularity but it does not mean Bella or Belle are the top earning creators.
Blac Chyna is actually the top earning creator on OnlyFans with an expected revenue of $20 million dollars a month.2